The History of Causeway Comprehensive School dates back to the 1950's. Causeway Vocational School opened it’s doors for the first time on the 9th September 1957. From 1947, St. Patrick’s College and St. Mary’s College provided secondary education in the area.
St. Mary’s College closed in 1965, and in 1967 St. Patrick’s College amalgamated with the Vocational School to provide a comprehensive curriculum for students. In 1973, the Presentation Secondary School, Lixnaw amalgamated with the expanded school in Causeway and another chapter in the history of education provision in the area was commenced. This created Causeway Comprehensive School.
The developing and expanding school was located in the Vocational School building (1957) and in twenty three prefabricated classrooms until 1980 when an impressive new school building was provided on the adjacent site. The 1957 building continued to be used until the construction of two extensions to the main school were completed in the mid 1990’s. A further Extension to the front of teh building was completed in 2016